Friday 31 May 2013

The Begining of an End


Now that Tom rose the bar it's even more difficult to get on and just write this post.......

So I will try to pretend that I don't care by writing facts and making a long story short.

Today I was supposed to have a workshop with the elderly, and I was looking forward to it (this sentence doesn't make the story shorter, but gives you a bit of insight into the type of work that we are doing and tells you how much I like it). Unfortunately the workshop was postponed, good thing about that is I could be in rehearsals from the beginning. Arrived at 10am. We started at 10.45. I got a new part, I'm King George's servant - very good fun. Lauren found her King who's crude like a Viking and as cowardly as a .... something very cowardly. We spent lot's of time with Richard and Kath fighting, threatening and killing each other - extremely amusing.

All day we've been working on specific scenes, but Tom with Rachel and  Esther found time to work on solo parts for the opening song. I knew it was going to be good, didn't know it was going to be that good. Girls have great voices and Tom has fabulous ideas. Enjoyed stamping and 3/4 dancing.
One more highlight - Esther playing double part, stepping in for Rachel who had to leave earlier.
We still have to work on few bits but devising process for this week comes to an end.  

Julianna Skarżyńska
Community Animateur 
Movement director  

No comments:

Post a Comment